1) Before I forget, the Op4 wanted to know something about Va. Tech fans and sweat pants. I'm sort of indifferent on this matter, having spent nine years in Northern Va. I can only say that UVA is like Ole Miss, and VTU is like State, but much harder to get into and with way better football. Soak that in, Webel fans.
2) I have no idea why saying Webels makes me laugh, but it does.
3) So I broke up with the Mississippi State graduate... and now I'm seeing a Bama grad. Improvement? Devolving? Lateral movement? She likes the Rebs, for what that's worth.
4) The novel is underway. What are you, divine creator, going to do to help?
5) Doesn't it seem like the ill-advised and overkilled Chuck Norris joke thing should instead be centered around Swayze in Roadhouse? He rips out a guy's throat, for God's sake. Deal with that.
6) After six years of making the mind numbing trek from Oxford to Jackson, I was often fond of saying, "Godamnit there isn't a more boring drive." Now I drive from Nashville to Jackson, and I stand corrected. Thanks again.
7) East Carolina, Wake Forest, Rutgers: Bowl bound. Discuss.
Why is it that "croomed" conjures up images of a porno finisher, a la a Dirty Sanchez or a Cincinatti Moustache?
9) Vick: Handle it already.
10) This warm but cautious start in hoops - granted it's a light schedule of wins, and granted we're still injured, but is this the sign of something magical, or one of your patented 40 more years in the desert type moves?
11) Just so you know, I'm reading The Blind Side.